During Research for my last blog post I found an interesting feature of the designer. If the designer uses more than one gigabyte of heap memory, the display of the memory usage gets a bit fuzzy.
Obviously somebody at TIBCO forgot to round the value, so it would fit into this small section of the status bar.
Keeping that in mind I found a start parameter which allows you to start the designer with an external window which only displays the current memory load.
As you can see this is much more useful then the default.
To get this you just have to start the designer with the following command:
I wonder how much more (undocumented) functionality is hidden in the designer.
- BusinessEvents 4: using Scorecards in a clustered environment
- handling a few thousand simultaneous connections in TIBCO BusinessWorks
- init script for the TIBCO Administrator
- adding IP-restriction to BusinessWorks processes
- writing Unicode characters to Oracle with TIBCO BusinessWorks
- installing TIBCO TRA 5.6 on a debian 64bit
- Tibco EMS with database backend (postgresql)